Based in Toronto, Canada
May 21, 2014
Press / Business contact:
Shoot Shoot Mega Pack
3-2525 Bloor St. W.
+1 647 648 8841
Actual Humans is a Toronto based independent video game studio focused on creating real human games for real human people.
Actual Humans was an accident. In 2014, game designer and developer Jon Remedios walked into Global Game Jam with an ultimatum in mind: make something he was proud of, or stop making independent video games. The self-imposed threat worked, resulting in a small novel party game he named ‘Sync’. That was supposed to be the end of it but, unbeknownst to Jon, Sync was submitted to Venus Patrol and The Wild Rumpus for their annual GDC party. They accepted the game.Shoot Shoot Mega Pack
Reception of the game over the next few months convinced Jon that there was more to explore with Sync and so ‘Shoot Shoot Mega Pack’ (SSMP) was born. After months of working on SSMP in his off time, a friend convinced Jon to apply for some government grants. Two days later he founded the hastily named ‘Jon Remedios Games’. By the end of 2014 SSMP was fully funded by the Ontario government. By 2015 Jon had quit his job, began collaborating with sound designer Ryan Roth and artist Gavin McCarthy, and was working on SSMP full time.Becoming Human (Actually)
Prior to launch, reception of SSMP continued to be positive. It was chosen to part of the eSports showcase at IndieCade East, and has been an official selection of the Indie MEGABOOTH at PAX for three consecutive showings. By 2016, SSMP’s reception led Jon to rename the company to ‘Actual Humans’ to reflect the group effort that SSMP had become. He also had gotten tired of his own name. Actual Humans plans to release SSMP early 2017.
SHOOT SHOOT MEGA PACK - Gameplay Trailer (w/1000% more stages!) YouTube
How to SSMP YouTube
There are far more images available for Actual Humans, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "IndieCade East eSports Showcase Official Selection" - Shoot Shoot Mega Pack, 2016
- "Indie MEGABOOTH PAX East Official Selection" - Shoot Shoot Mega Pack, 2016
- "Indie MEGABOOTH PAX Prime Official Selection" - Shoot Shoot Mega Pack, 2015
- "Indie Game Revolution Launch Official Selection" - Sync, 2014
- "Wild Rumpus #6 Official Selection" - Sync, 2014
- "That Venus Patrol and Wild Rumpus Party Official Selection" - Sync, 2014
- "The best local-multiplayer game at PAX 2015."
- Hayden Dingman, PC World
- "The minute we got our hands on it, we wanted it."
- Brian Dumlao, Worth Playing
- "Shoot Shoot Mega Pack (hereafter abbreviated SSMP) is a superb example in the slow build."
- Jacon Wood, Indie Hangover
- "This is a great party game."
- Keezy Young, Pixelkin
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Game Design and Development, Actual Humans
Sound Design and Music, Freelancer